- This event has passed.
Aiken Formation Clinic
April 20 - April 23
Arrival day is Thursday April 20th. Beginning Friday a MANDATORY safety briefing will be held each morning at 0800 at the FBO.
All NATA formation members are welcome. Training will be offered in the T-6/SNJ/Harvard and Fighter aircraft (provided enough of each type attend).
Trainees must review our Formation Training Program before attending, paying particular attention to their specific aircraft requirements and the associated aircraft “Type Supplement” (formerly “Appendix D”). First-time clinic participants may find this Check List useful.
Formal clinic training will take place on April 21-23, 2023.
NATA will comply with any local, state or federal restrictions related to COVID-19.
Please review ALL of the registration steps below before proceeding:
- REGISTER ONLINE. Begin by clicking on the Register Now button, supply the requested information, and pay the registration fee. Late registrants will receive their T-shirt and name patch after the clinic. (You must be logged in to see the button. If you are not a Formation member, you will receive an error message. You may upgrade your membership by visiting your profile, clicking the renew early link, and switching to Formation. The non-PIC member registration option may ONLY be used by members who will not be piloting aircraft at the clinic.)
- TRAINING? To be added to the list of trainees at the clinic (Wingman or Lead qualification), check the “Formation training” box during registration. Please do not check the box if you are participating for proficiency flying or as an IP/CP. If enough first-timers register, a training ground school may be arranged on arrival day (late afternoon).
- INSURANCE. Upload a Certificate of Insurance that meets NATA’s Clinic Insurance Requirements by visiting My Formation Documents on the Formation+ menu. (The good news is that once a COI has been uploaded and approved, it will be good for most clinics until the policy expiration date. You may confirm uploaded COI status by viewing your Formation Documents.)
- HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT. You must accept the HH terms during registration, then DOWNLOAD the agreement here, print it, sign and witness, scan, and upload by visiting your personal Formation Documents. Each person registered, including guests, must sign an agreement.
- ALLOW TEXT MESSAGES. Clinic organizers may use text messages to relay information to participants during the clinic (e.g., weather-related updates). Please allow NATA to send you text messages by visiting the Contact Information tab in your profile, and checking the box under your mobile number in Other Contacts, towards the bottom of the screen. Review your personal Contact Information here.
- TRAINEE PREPARATION. Pilots seeking training must comply with the aircraft readiness requirements in paragraph 5 of the Training Program. Please pay particular attention to the rear seat comms… we cannot conduct training in your aircraft if an IP cannot communicate with you and other aircraft in the flight. Also, note that an “Eval” flight is required for first-time clinic participants, and training materials must be reviewed prior to arrival.
- MEALS. Lunches will be provided each day on the clinic training days. Breakfast and dinner are on your own. We will attempt to make group reservations for Friday and Saturday nights. Payment will be at your own expense.
- HOTEL. Fairfield Inn and Suites Aiken. 185 Colony Parkway, Aiken. (803) 648-7808. “North American Trainer Association” room block held until April 1, 2023. King $119/per night plus tax. Double Queen $139 plus tax. Call for reservation.
- RENTAL CARS. Rental cars may be picked up and dropped off at the FBO with prior arrangement. Enterprise, Hertz and Avis are available. If you are a member of AOPA you can get a discounted rate with Enterprise if you make your reservation by calling (866) 315-9155.
- FUEL & OIL. Aiken Regional Airport FBO – (803) 648-7803. Fueling will be from truck with a $.50/gallon discount. Current truck price is presently $5.57 without discount (subject to change). FBO does NOT normally stock radial engine oil. If you need oil, call the FBO for arrangements.
- HANGARS & OTHER. There is parking on the ramp in front of the FBO but no tie downs. Grass parking is also available, but you will need to bring your own chocks and turf tie downs with stakes. No hanger space is available.
125 Aviation Dri.
Aiken, SC 29805
(770) 4809611 (p)
(770) 480-9611 (c)
Admin & Hospitality
(386) 846-7577 (c)
(307) 690-5544 (p)
(574) 320-2526 (c)
If you cancel after March 21, 2023, a $50 cancelation fee (plus postage and any fees for extra T-shirts/patches) will be applied, and your items will be mailed to you.